- BLACK GIRLS ROCK! INC.’s mission is to encourage positive, life-changing activity and critical thinking through the arts for “at risk” teenage women of color to help foster their dreams of a better tomorrow without comprising their integrity and self-worth today.
- BLACK GIRLS ROCK! THE WHITE HOUSE: Beverly Bond to be the keynote at the White House "Champions of Change" + DJ... fb.me/1w7ciqCdv 1 hour ago
- BLACK GIRLS ROCK! THE WHITE HOUSE! Announcing DJ Beverly Bond as the official DJ for President Obama's... fb.me/4wl3ljE5n 1 day ago
- We are excited to join @madewithcode @google and @unwomen at the Global Citizens Festival! Look out for messages... fb.me/1ozIaL82h 3 days ago
- The National Museum of African-American History + Culture has begun hosting previews and is being hailed as one... fb.me/40ZoATF6e 4 days ago
- So much fun today with Google #madewithcode at the Chloe x Halle party! First YouTube, now these sisters are... fb.me/5OVSqaN2W 1 week ago
Cassandra Respress on BLACK GIRLS ROCK! Rockstar of… Nicole Gibson on BLACK GIRLS ROCK! Rockstar of… Freddy B Gibson on BLACK GIRLS ROCK! Rockstar of… Ayana on BLACK GIRLS ROCK! Rockstar of… Teberah Alexander on BLACK GIRLS ROCK! Rockstar of…
Category Archives: She Rocks!
Have you ever come across an amazing work of art and thought, “I wonder what the story is behind this piece?” Well, after looking through painter Tamara Natalie Madden’s collection, you will undoubtedly be asking yourself, “What’s the story behind … Continue reading
Spring is a time for rebirth, renewal, and regrowth. It’s also an ideal time to update your wardrobe, so out with the mess, and in with the fresh! Thanks to sites such as esty and ebay, a plethora of online … Continue reading
The summer is quickly winding down which for some means cooler weather and colorful foliage. For us here at BLACK GIRLS ROCK!, fall denotes CRUNCH TIME. Yes readers, the 2009 BLACK GIRLS ROCK! AWARDS, our annual fundraiser, is right around … Continue reading
Last year’s BLACK GIRLS ROCK! ‘Living Legend’ Award went to actress and icon Pam Grier. Better known for her roles as Foxy Brown and Jackie Brown, this Emmy and Golden Globe nominee reigned supreme as the queen of 1970s blaxploitation … Continue reading
Nicole Paultre-Bell and Valerie Bell received last years Black Girls Rock! ‘Monument’ Award, which recognizes individuals who have endured crises and withstood tremendous emotional, physical, and/or psychological events. Sean Bell, who was tragically gunned down by police, in a hail … Continue reading
Rachel Lloyd, founder of the Girls Educational and Mentoring Service (G.E.M.S.), an organization that works to rescue sexually exploited children, was last year’s recipient of the Black Girls Rock! Community Service Award. She came to the United States in 1997 … Continue reading