- BLACK GIRLS ROCK! INC.’s mission is to encourage positive, life-changing activity and critical thinking through the arts for “at risk” teenage women of color to help foster their dreams of a better tomorrow without comprising their integrity and self-worth today.
- After seeing the full video, there should not be a conscious or empathetic human being who is not outraged by how... fb.me/2aT1LNJOD 3 days ago
- "Columbia teen to attend the inaugural BLACK GIRLS LEAD conference at Barnard College, Columbia University!"... fb.me/3y3JzmCUC 5 days ago
- We were so honored to meet Miss Brenda during a recent event. Godspeed, sister. "Three years ago, I became the... fb.me/7r4a7OAmK 6 days ago
- Thank you to @soledadobrien and the Starfish Foundation for inviting our mentees + Founder, Beverly Bond to the... fb.me/3PhQKnn4D 1 week ago
- " I started #blackgirlsrock because there were so many messages in popular music and media that said… instagram.com/p/5W55X6SuO9/ 1 week ago
Cassandra Respress on BLACK GIRLS ROCK! Rockstar of… Nicole Gibson on BLACK GIRLS ROCK! Rockstar of… Freddy B Gibson on BLACK GIRLS ROCK! Rockstar of… Ayana on BLACK GIRLS ROCK! Rockstar of… Teberah Alexander on BLACK GIRLS ROCK! Rockstar of…
Category Archives: She Rocks!
Have you ever come across an amazing work of art and thought, “I wonder what the story is behind this piece?” Well, after looking through painter Tamara Natalie Madden’s collection, you will undoubtedly be asking yourself, “What’s the story behind … Continue reading
Spring is a time for rebirth, renewal, and regrowth. It’s also an ideal time to update your wardrobe, so out with the mess, and in with the fresh! Thanks to sites such as esty and ebay, a plethora of online … Continue reading
The summer is quickly winding down which for some means cooler weather and colorful foliage. For us here at BLACK GIRLS ROCK!, fall denotes CRUNCH TIME. Yes readers, the 2009 BLACK GIRLS ROCK! AWARDS, our annual fundraiser, is right around … Continue reading
Last year’s BLACK GIRLS ROCK! ‘Living Legend’ Award went to actress and icon Pam Grier. Better known for her roles as Foxy Brown and Jackie Brown, this Emmy and Golden Globe nominee reigned supreme as the queen of 1970s blaxploitation … Continue reading
Nicole Paultre-Bell and Valerie Bell received last years Black Girls Rock! ‘Monument’ Award, which recognizes individuals who have endured crises and withstood tremendous emotional, physical, and/or psychological events. Sean Bell, who was tragically gunned down by police, in a hail … Continue reading
Rachel Lloyd, founder of the Girls Educational and Mentoring Service (G.E.M.S.), an organization that works to rescue sexually exploited children, was last year’s recipient of the Black Girls Rock! Community Service Award. She came to the United States in 1997 … Continue reading